Provides benchmarking functionality to modern Intel processors.
Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool is a free utility developed by Intel and provides information about your computer by performing benchmark tests. It was designed for use with model Intel processors such as the Atom, Core Duo, i3/i5/i7 desktop and mobile processors and several other related and/or similar chips.
When you initially run the program, it will automatically scan your system for compatible components. According to Intel, you should not run other software while running tests so we suggest closing everything before starting.
After the tests have completed, the processor diagnostic tool will display information about your processor (CPU) such as the brand, frequency, clock speed, cache size and Intel-specific processor capabilities. It will also display information about USB devices and RAM.
The program is basically a diagnostic tool; it can also export the information it collects to a text file, perfect if you're sharing your details on an online help forum or other technical support avenues.
Features of Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool
- Core Frequency: Track core frequency and voltage.
- Custom Profiles: Create custom power profiles for different tasks.
- Diagnostics: Check for errors in hardware components.
- Logging: Log system performance data to analyse trends.
- Memory Testing: Test memory modules for accuracy.
- Overclocking: Overclock your system with recommended settings.
- Performance Analysis: Analyse system performance and benchmark.
- Power Consumption: Detect power consumption levels.
- Reports: Generate reports for diagnostic and benchmarking results.
- Restore Defaults: Restore settings to their original values.
- Scheduling: Schedule diagnostics and tests to run automatically.
- Stress Testing: Stress test components to identify hardware issues.
- System Monitoring: Monitor system performance, temperatures and voltages.
- System Tweaks: Make system tweaks for maximum performance.
- Thermal Throttling: Identify thermal throttling issues.
Compatibility and License
Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool is provided under a freeware license on Windows from benchmark software with no restrictions on usage. Download and installation of this PC software is free and 188.8.131.52 is the latest version last time we checked.
What version of Windows can Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool run on?
Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.